Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
StampPlot for Mac — Parallax Forums

StampPlot for Mac

torg842torg842 Posts: 1
edited 2009-12-10 16:30 in BASIC Stamp
I am going through the "What Is A Microcontroller?" book, and I have hit a little snag. I am at the part where you export data to StampPlot Lite. I am using a Mac and as far as I can tell they do not offer it for the Mac. I was wondering if anyone knew of another program that would work just as well, that is available for the Mac. I thought about dual booting my Mac, but I didn't want to waste the money buying the Windows operating system for something this trivial. I then though that I could just dual boot using Linux, since it's free, but they don't have StampPlot for Linux, either. I'm a little disappointed how Microsoft bias Parallax products tend to be. I am also surprised that there isn't more Parallax programmers that use Macs, or even Linux, since they are better products.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-12-10 16:30
    Stamp plot is a third party software product not created by Parallax. Also the tokenizer for the stamp is available for both the mac and linux so you can compile and load the code using either OS. Most of the users of Parallax products use Windows and anyone is able to write a frontend for another OS if they want.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen