Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Writing to a memory card — Parallax Forums

Writing to a memory card

dhcarstensdhcarstens Posts: 11
edited 2009-12-09 14:38 in BASIC Stamp
I want to set up a datalogger using a 2pex Mother Board.· The MoBo is programable through a USB port connected to a PC.· I would like to store data on the PC in a file form that could be read into a spreadsheet.· I have used the debug terminal and copied and pasted the data into a spreadsheet, but that is a lttle awkward.· Is there a thread on this forum that explains how to do this?

I have a number of readers that plug into a··PC through a USB port.· Ideally, I would like to plug that into the MoBo using some kind of adapter and write directly to a memory card.· Is this possible?

Thanks for any help on this.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-12-09 14:17
    You can use "PLX-DAQ Real-Time Data Acquisition for Microsoft Excel" that can be downloaded from this link:·
    http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-09 14:38
    The Parallax Memory Stick Datalogger is designed for this sort of use. It is controlled by a Stamp or other microcontroller through a serial connection and allows you to create (or read) PC-compatible files on any USB mass storage device including a memory card in a USB memory card reader. Your program is responsible for the format of the data in the file itself, but it's easy to make CSV (comma separated values) files or tab separated values files that can be read by most spreadsheet programs. Look at the Parallax webstore page for the Datalogger for links to programming examples and documentation.