Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Free H48C Accelerometer for first person to solve this problem — Parallax Forums

Free H48C Accelerometer for first person to solve this problem

somethingburningsomethingburning Posts: 2
edited 2009-12-10 02:59 in BASIC Stamp
I posted the message below ("I'm a newbie")·a couple of weeks ago and no one replied.· I then bought a new H48C Accelerometer from·Parralax and it did the same thing, so it must be in my code.· I·then sent the message to Parallax customer service and they didn't reply either.· So I now have 2 of them, but no good code for determining G's.

I offer the extra Accelerometer to the first person who can find my problem or has good code for determining positive and neg Gs with this Accelerometer and a Stamp2.·

I am the sole judge as far as who, if any, deserve·the prize.

My faulty program is attached.· Reply privately.

Regards, and may the best Geek win,

Somethingburning jumpin.gif

I'm a newbie.· I bought a H48C Accelerometer module used (ebay) and programmed my Stamp2 with the code from the manual, parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/acc/HitachiH48C3AxisAccelerometer.pdf.·

The debugger displays perfectly and the counts for the all 3 axis seem to be correct, but my Vref counts are all over the place.· Shouldn't this be relatively constant?· When the board is at rest, rightside up, the vref·toggles·between·128 and then 7296 counts everytime the "Get_H48C" subroutine is called. When tilting the project board,·Vref goes all over the place, although all the axis counts respond as I think they should.

I figured the problem·was in the shiftout/shiftin code of the subroutine, but I have checked it against the manual until·I am crosseyed.· Do I have a bad Accelerometer?

Comments

• Brad_HBrad_H Posts: 35
    edited 2009-12-09 03:30
    I don't know if any of these are the cause of your problem but I did spot a few·differences·between your code and the sample code.

line 25··· dpad VAR Word· '====== should be Nib NOT Word

line 90··· RETURN '========= need "HIGH cs" before the RETURN

line 93··· LOOKDOWN dvalue, >=[noparse][[/noparse]10000, 1000, 10, 0], dpad· '======== missing 100
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-12-09 04:05
    I would start by simplifying your code to get rid of the complicated debugging code. Write some lines that simply outputs vref \n axis \n vref \n axi ... etc. without worrying about cursor position and all that.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔