Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Multiple Speakers at the Same Time — Parallax Forums

Multiple Speakers at the Same Time

DMM_SpartanDMM_Spartan Posts: 1
edited 2009-12-06 22:10 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Is is possible to use multiple piezospeakers at the same time?

I am working on a group project. We want to try and use 4 speakers from a basic stamp. We want to have all four speakers play the same tone, sound, or song at the same time to have surround sound. We figured we have to connect each one to a separate I/O pin because of the power going to them. This causes a problem because the freqout command will only allow a tone to be sent to one speaker at a time. Does anyone have a suggestion or a way of sending sounds to the four speakers at once using 4 separate I/O pins? Thanks.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-12-05 19:40
    As you've noticed, the FREQOUT statement works with only one pin at a time. You can't use multiple I/O pins. What you can do is to add an amplifier of some sort and connect that to one I/O pin.

If what you have is a small piezo speaker, you could just put 4 in parallel. They don't take that much power.
  • Ken GraceyKen Gracey Posts: 7,387
    edited 2009-12-06 22:10
    DMM_Spartan, you may want to take a look at the Propeller. Not only can you generate sounds, you could make it talk from several different locations all at once. With eight processors there's quite a bit you can do all at the same time.

Ken Gracey