Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Practical experience with Say It Module — Parallax Forums

Practical experience with Say It Module

awesomeduckawesomeduck Posts: 87
edited 2009-12-15 23:05 in Accessories
Has anyone had any experience using the Say It Module? I have been considering purchasing it but as I played with the GUI program I kept getting a an error (Say It GUI Tool has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) and was wondering if the whole device might just no be up to the normal Parallax quality standards.

I'm interested in knowing how well the device works with background noise, like a TV at normal volume, or kids playing. And what the range is if anyone has any practical experience using it.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-12-15 23:05
    Awesomeduck,

I have used the sensor in a few applications and I have not had any issues with background noise. As a test, I turned up my radio as I was reviewing the module, and I was able to get relatively high before there was any interference with the word recognition; so I don’t for see that being any issues unless the module is in a very loud environment.

Regarding the GUI error,·what version of the GUI do you have installed? The current version had some significant updates to it regarding communication;·which might be what you are seeing. What COM port are you using it on? What do you have the Say It plugged into?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com