Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Jingle Bells for BOE_BOT — Parallax Forums

Jingle Bells for BOE_BOT

Pale_FlyerPale_Flyer Posts: 11
edited 2009-12-04 23:23 in Learn with BlocklyProp
im working on a boe-bot for a class, and we are going to do the follow the leader thing, like the "boe-bot parade" youtube vid, and i want to have mine play jingle bells, and i have looked over this page, and the net, but i have no experience with sheet music, and the one i found has music in both the treble and bass cleft things! can anyone help??? i have the most pbasic experience in my class( which ain't saying much) and so i can get help from anyone and at least now i know my attempt earlier today was flawed! all i found was i could change the frequency with the FREQOUT command! Can anyone give me a hand? i copied the code for the music playing thing, but it makes no sense what so ever to me!

Comments

• Pale_FlyerPale_Flyer Posts: 11
    edited 2009-11-24 03:07
    would i loose anything if i left off the bass cleft? i have the notes marked, but i dont know of they are right!
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-11-24 17:12
    Hi Pale_Flyer,

A couple months ago, we posted a short tutorial on how to play sheet music with the piezospeaker. You can view it here. There's also a short video included to help you get started, and a template you can use to play your song.

Regarding the treble and bass clef - it's totally fine if you go with just the treble clef. The treble clef is the melody, or the part of the song you would recognize if hummed or whistled, and the bass clef is used to add more depth to the sound. Actually, the piezospeaker doesn't play notes in the bass clef well anyway.

So stick with the treble clef, and you should be fine.

Hope this helps!

-- Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax Inc.

Post Edited (Jessica Uelmen (Parallax)) : 11/24/2009 5:20:29 PM GMT
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-11-25 04:57
    Also remember that while it is playing music it can't be doing anything else like following the bots in front or changing direction or sending pulses to the drive servos.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-11-25 17:25
    Yes, Franklin is correct. However, if you would like to do both at the same time, you can look into adding something like the SoundPAL to play the song while the BASIC Stamp executes the following code:

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/768/ProductID/482/Default.aspx

-- Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax Inc.
  • sailman58sailman58 Posts: 162
    edited 2009-11-25 18:08
    Now that the subject has turned up, how about a source for things like the cavelery charge and other short sound bites?

Ron
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2009-11-26 02:03
    Ron,

In the key of C it would be : C,E,G,G,E,G - You should be able to figure of the durations.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 11/26/2009 2:09:58 AM GMT
    edited 2009-11-26 21:05
    Thank You! wish i could have the boe-bot sing while moving with out add ons, but we cant have everything now can we?
    edited 2009-11-26 21:45
    I got the code to work, but is there a way to turn up the volume? in the 6th octave it seems really quite, i had it miss programed in the 6th and 7th, and i was actually loud enough to be heard easily. would jumping up to the 7th hurt? or is there a way in the code to jump up the sound?
    edited 2009-11-26 22:09
    changed the octive, sounds like bells instead of piano, but it is louder, which was my goal! if there is a better way, please let me know!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2009-12-04 23:23
    Pale_Flyer,

Check out this thread! - http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=6&m=406999

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney