Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp on Vista 64 using Serial to USB adapter — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp on Vista 64 using Serial to USB adapter

DaptizerDaptizer Posts: 2
edited 2009-11-24 13:29 in BASIC Stamp
I'm a new user trying to work through the book that came with my Basic Stamp. (What's a Microcontroller? by Andy Lindsay)
I got my laptop to communicate with my Basic Stamp BOE board using the Parallax adaptor, and it's mostly working good.
However when I try to use the Stamp Plot Lite, I think it's trying to use the wrong com port. The port that the Stamp is reporting is com6, but the Plot lite only gives the option to com4. It registers something on com3, but will not plot the reading.

Is there a way to get Plot lite to "see" com6, OR can Windows be told to send it to com3?

Thanks for any help..........

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-11-23 16:21
    Are you opening the Stamp Plot lite software after you run the BASIC Stamp code?· You can try going into your Device Manager and changing the port to come 3 for the BASIC Stamp editor.·

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • DaptizerDaptizer Posts: 2
    edited 2009-11-23 17:34
    Part way there, thanks;
    I was able to change to com1, and I can see the reply from the Stamp eeprom in the bottom window. I can not get it to PLOT to the graph, though. (yes I clicked the box to "plot data")
    I don't see any "settings" for the Plot lite, or am I missing something else?
    I scaled it up and down to make sure it wasn't too small or large a number set without effect.

Probably something stupid I'm overlooking?

Dave
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-11-24 13:29
    Are you able to change it to com 3 or 4?· Depending on the computer, com 1 and 2 are reserved for a true serial port.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·