Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Transciever (s) 27982 Talking from boebot to boebot — Parallax Forums

Transciever (s) 27982 Talking from boebot to boebot

keith_kwkeith_kw Posts: 2
edited 2009-11-21 19:20 in Accessories
I want to have communication from boebot to boebot. I need a simple breadboard layout of transceivers and a simple program to start the talking.
I want boebot #1 to run thru its commands and once it is done then tell boebot #2 to start its commands.

Need bread board layout to install transceivers

Need simple command to tell boebot #2 to start its commands.

thanks

Keith

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-11-21 18:31
    Sorry, the forum doesn't work that way. You need to put in some effort and show what you have so far, and hopefully a forum member will show you how you can fix a problem. Parallax has several sets of transceivers: look them up, come up with a solution, try it out, and see if you have a problem.
  • keith_kwkeith_kw Posts: 2
    edited 2009-11-21 18:40
    thanks for no help...jeez, i have gone to parallax web site and all i see is a marketing sheet for the transceivers no data on how to install the transceivers, like the manual has for leds, whishers and stuff. I don't want to try something and burn up my transceivers i just bought. I have seen the tilt program but it shows the hook-up for the individual receiver and transmitter not the transceivers.

Anybody else that might point me to real data.

thanks.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-11-21 19:13
    Like most Parallax products, the webstore page for the product (www.parallax.com/Store/Accessories/Communication/tabid/161/CategoryID/36/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/582/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName) has links to documentation and sample code. Often the documentation includes the sample code within it. In this case of RF transceivers, the documentation is pretty complete including sample code for a simple transmission of data from one transceiver to another using either a BS1 or BS2 Stamp.

There's even sample code for a BS2 that illustrates unidirectional and bidirectional transmission of data including a checksum for reliability.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,557
    edited 2009-11-21 19:20
    keith_kw,

Mike beat me to it, but yes, there are a couple of demo codes written for the BS2 to help get you started...

433RadioCRC-V1.2
    433RadioCRC2Way-V1.2

...there is also some beta test code here for the Propeller that could also help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.