Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Are there any Beginners Programs for using the Rotary Encoder with the BS2? - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

Are there any Beginners Programs for using the Rotary Encoder with the BS2?

2»

Comments

• Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2009-11-28 21:43
    Hi Rich,

Are you planning to build this with an LCD? Be sure to get one that supports the round robin shift.

In the forum please attach programs (using the attachment manager), rather than pasting them into the message text. Attached programs are easier to download and they don't clutter the message content. The exception would be short programs or snippets that raise or resolve specific issues, and in those cases the code should be bracketed by [noparse][[/noparse] code][noparse][[/noparse] /code] so that it maintains its indentation.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
  • JohnmarkJohnmark Posts: 10
    edited 2010-02-07 18:47
    Thanks to all for coming up with this. As an alternative I did find the Grayhill GH65c11 IC chip that interfaces with a rotary encoder. It takes all the work off the BS2 and can be set up to directly interface without a stamp for the AD5220. Right now they only have the SO package. It looks like an 8 week lead time for the DIP. I am thinking of ordering a couple. Does anyone else want any. I will sell them at cost plus any actual shipping charges.

John