Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Memory full message — Parallax Forums

Memory full message

CogburnCogburn Posts: 62
edited 2009-11-18 16:52 in BASIC Stamp
I was playing around trying to put rc time readings in an array so I could average them to smooth the values. I suppose I loaded up the eeprom because I cannot get the stamp to work now and get an error message memory full. Is there a command I can send to dump or erase the memory?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-11-18 01:39
    The memory automatically gets erased as needed when you download a new program. You don't need to separately erase it. Remember that the Stamps have only 2K bytes of memory for your program and DATA statements. There are multiple 2K "slots" in some Stamps, but the BS2 has only one 2K "slot". Your "memory full" message may be referring to more than 2K of program and EEPROM data.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2009-11-18 16:52
    You might also have filled up the RAM memory. You say you are putting the rc time readings in an array. Do you mean an array of variables, such as myarray(idx)? The Stamp has only 13 words of general purpose memory for variables, which can also be addressed as 26 bytes, 52 nibs, or 208 bits.

Back off on the size of the array and see what happens. You know, if you are using STAMPW.EXE, you can use the "memory map" to see exactly how the Stamp memory is allocated. It shows both the EEPROM and the RAM usage.

You may have to resort to a less memory intensive smoothing algorithm, such as a IIR pass filter.

The multi-slot stamps such as the BS2p have additional RAM memory that can be useful for arrays.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com