Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
larger stepper with BS2 — Parallax Forums

larger stepper with BS2

CyrussvallCyrussvall Posts: 8
edited 2009-11-11 22:05 in BASIC Stamp
Hi

I have a problem with finding the right parts to buy.

I'm currently using a BS2, a Stepperboard named Bistep a06 and a small stepper motor. The problem i have is that i have to use a larger stepper motor.

NEMA 34 HIGH TORQUE STEPPER MOTOR 906 oz-in, ½” shaft with a flat, 95 mm, , Water, Dust proof
KL34H295-61-4A (Single Shaft) Rated Current: 6.1A, Rated Voltage: 2.1V

Are there any motor controlboards, like the one i have, that can handle that motor. The board i have now can only take 1.5 A.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-11-11 20:36
    You can do that. Google for stepper motor controllers, there are plenty of high current controllers or you could add mosfets to the one you have to boost the power handling.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • CyrussvallCyrussvall Posts: 8
    edited 2009-11-11 21:39
    The stepper motor controller i´m using:

http://www.robotshop.se/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=57

Any idea where to install these Mosfets? [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Kinda new to all this.

Does anyone have a sugestion of a motor controller that might be apropriate? As easy to program as the one i have [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-11-11 22:05
    Cyrussvall said...
    Kinda new to all this
    Well that just means you have more to read than others here. I'd start with some basic texts on electronics and searching wiki on the things you don't understand (like MOSFETs and how they work) If you follow my advice in the previous post you will find many stepper controllers that will fit your needs, you just have to be clear on what your needs are. Read up on steppers first before you buy another controller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen