Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Game Control — Parallax Forums

Game Control

Trillest_OATrillest_OA Posts: 5
edited 2009-11-19 16:28 in BASIC Stamp
·How can I control a nintendo 64 with a microcontroller. I want it to fight on mortal kombat trilogy and do all the moves i program it to do.

I know how to program a little. I'm in school at ICC and we have a special project to do in Interfacing Techniques. How would I program the combat moves in as the codes. Would I use Highs and Lows for pins·or would I use the fighter's code moves
like (fwd, up, dwn, back, and the buttons on controller).

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-11-10 17:04
    The easiest way would probably be to hack a controller and control the buttons (either electrically or mechanically) with the microcontroller. Not as elegant as plugging the microcontroller into the n64, but a whole lot easier.
  • Trillest_OATrillest_OA Posts: 5
    edited 2009-11-11 18:05
    When I do that; what about programming the codes in to make the game fight. What type of programming would be needed.

How would i be able to program in the codes as for letting my guy know when he is close to his opponent or not.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-11-11 18:17
    You're going to have to figure that part out. We can tell you how to get a Stamp to push the buttons for you. You have to come up with the rules that say when to push a particular button and for how long. The joystick part is even harder since that can have intermediate positions ... not just on and off. I don't know how you'd figure out what's going on with the image on the screen. There are people who have spent a whole career in computer vision technology trying to do that sort of thing.
  • Trillest_OATrillest_OA Posts: 5
    edited 2009-11-19 14:29
    how do the cpu know to attack when it's close enough to do so if no one ever accomplished the computer vision technology program. They react to the moves we do and counter them sometimes, and then they will do their certain moves when they're close to do.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-11-19 16:28
    That's part of the program on the PC and your stamp has no way of knowing what is on the screen or where the other players are.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen