Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No Stamp Found — Parallax Forums

No Stamp Found

Ralph TurnerRalph Turner Posts: 7
edited 2009-11-09 12:36 in BASIC Stamp
I need to return to an old topic.· When connecting a laptop·(Windows XP) to the Professional Development Board using the USB port on the computer and the·USB connector·on the PDB I have no problem running a debug "hello world" routine with BS2pe and P2.5 directives.· I know my stamp (BS2pe) is good and correctly oriented because it works with the PBD's on board USB connector and a USB cable.· When I remove the USB cable and try to use the DB9 connection on the PDB using a Belden USB to serial cable I get Loopback yes, Echo yes, but "no stamp found."·
I have: 1)·verified that I am powering the board after the serial connection, 2) Loaded the latest drivers for the Belden cable, 3) Updated to·v2.4.2 of the editor, 4) Verified the Power supply, Sceptre 12VDC, 1000mA from Parallax, 5)·Made the buffer adjustment recommended on the Parallax web site under USB/VCP driver instalation page trouble shooting link.
About a month ago, someone on the forum made the statement that some USB to serial adapters/cables simply will not work.· Can anyone think of anything·else I should try?· Is there a list of USB to serial converters that don't work?· Should I just buy the Parallax USB to serial adapter to save aggravation?
I am getting ready to move off the PBD and start building projects using the Super Carrier board, so I need to make this work through a USB to Serial adapter of some kind.·
Thank you all very much for this forum.· I've learned a lot as a guest.· I just became a member for this issue.

Comments

• Ralph TurnerRalph Turner Posts: 7
    edited 2009-11-09 12:36
    I just read the thread on the Member Supported FAQ thread that confirms that the Belkin cable does NOT work.· I'll order a couple of the Parallax adapters today.· Thanks for the help on the FAQ.