Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with a BS2 and Xiamen Ocular GDM1602H LCD Setup for Serial Mode? — Parallax Forums

Help with a BS2 and Xiamen Ocular GDM1602H LCD Setup for Serial Mode?

Rich_W8VKRich_W8VK Posts: 44
edited 2009-11-05 19:47 in BASIC Stamp
·Hi All!
···· This project has been Deleted by me as there wasn't a good outcome trying to use this LCD with a BS2!
In fact, I've stripped the LCD out and put the BS2 back in a box for a better day to mess with! Due to my present situation of no work or income in almost 4 years, i have no way to purchase a back lit 16 X 2·Serial LCD I could use to do these projects! Thanks!

Rich_W8VK

Post Edited (Rich_W8VK) : 11/7/2009 6:36:52 PM GMT

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-11-05 19:47
    Rich,

To verify, you have a BS2 and you want to use it with the parallel display you currently have?

The article from Jon Williams in N7V·uses·a parallel display, there is also an example in our StampWorks Manual. I do not have first hand experience with the display you have; however I would imagine they will operate similarly to other modules. You can download the StampWorks book and the sample code for free from our web site; perhaps that could help get your project working. Here is a link for your convenience; the downloadable PDF and source is under the Downloads & Resources.

StampWorks Kit:
    http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampProgrammingKits/tabid/136/CategoryID/11/List/0/SortField/0/Level/a/ProductID/329/Default.aspx

I hope this helps

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com