Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Game Control — Parallax Forums

Game Control

Trillest_OATrillest_OA Posts: 5
edited 2009-11-05 15:44 in BASIC Stamp
How can I control a nintendo 64 with a microcontroller. I want it to fight on mortal kombat trilogy and do all the moves i program it to do.

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-11-03 15:50
    1. Learn how to program.
    2. Learn some basic electrical engineering.
    3. Learn the protocol of an N64 controller.
    4. Build a circuit that will interface.
    5. Program your circuit.

#1 and #2 are the hard ones relatively speaking...
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-11-03 18:23
    Trillest_OA,

There are many places to start; however we have a Hydra Game Development Kit if you are interested in programming video games. It wouldn't be Mortal Kombat right at first, but this would be a step in the direction of programming a video game. Here is a link for your convenience.

Hydra:
    http://www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/PropellerProgrammingKits/tabid/144/CategoryID/20/List/0/SortField/0/Level/a/ProductID/467/Default.aspx

I hope this helps,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2009-11-03 19:18
    Note the Hydra is NOT N64 compatible. At all. And you'll need to learn how to use the Propeller processor.

Other than that, good idea.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-11-03 19:50
    Very true; the Hydra is a suggestion for getting started for video game programming, not specifically a N64.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • Trillest_OATrillest_OA Posts: 5
    edited 2009-11-05 14:52
    ·I know how to program a little. I'm in school at ICC and we have a special project to do in Interfacing Techniques. How would I program the combat moves in as the codes. Would I use Highs and Lows for pins·or would I use the fighter's code moves
    like (fwd, up, dwn, back, and the buttons on controller).
  • skylightskylight Posts: 1,915
    edited 2009-11-05 15:44
    Trillest_OA said...
    How can I control a nintendo 64 with a microcontroller. I want it to fight on mortal kombat trilogy and do all the moves i program it to do.
    Another forum member CJ has written codes for the N64 controller in the propeller forum and understands the protocol try asking him.