Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
basic stamp beginner pls need help! — Parallax Forums

basic stamp beginner pls need help!

jzmnavarrojzmnavarro Posts: 16
edited 2009-10-30 13:47 in BASIC Stamp
Hi guys!

I am using BS1, obviously i need to use pbasic1.0 right?, i want to make a program that has a menu when you enter a number of the menu using keyboard it will go to the certain function:

example:
MENU:
1. CREATE
2. SAVE
3. RUN

Enter menu: (example i choose 3)

RUN menu will execute.

Hope u can help me.

Thanks

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-30 06:15
    What are you using for display and input from a keyboard? If you're trying to use the Stamp Editor's DEBUG window, you'll find that there's no way to send data back to the BS1 from your PC's keyboard. The BS1 is not capable of receiving keyboard data from the PC over the programming/DEBUG port. You can setup a completely separate serial channel from the PC to a couple of I/O pins and use a terminal program like HyperTerm to communicate with the BS1, but that's it.
  • jzmnavarrojzmnavarro Posts: 16
    edited 2009-10-30 06:47
    Oh i see.. im using BS1-USB.. any idea?
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-30 13:47
    There's no solution with the BS1-USB using the built-in USB interface.

You could add two push buttons to two I/O pins. Push one button and the BS1 displays the next choice or displays an asterisk next to the next choice. After the last choice, the selection wraps around to the beginning. Push the 2nd button and the BS1 acts on the selected choice.

You could use a 2nd USB to serial adapter and wire its Tx and Rx pins to two BS1 I/O pins. The BS1 could use SERIN and SEROUT to do the menu selection and display the way you suggest. The first USB connection (the programming port) would just be used to provide power (and debug the program).