Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp and Easy Bluetooth — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp and Easy Bluetooth

CarolCarol Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-29 13:17 in BASIC Stamp
I am doing this project to monitor a device. Examples, is the device's battery low or has the device been dropped.

I need to send this information of the device to a mobile phone through bluetooth but i am puzzle about how to do it.

How do i automatically connect the easy bluetooth with the mobile phone and how do use serin or serout to send the data to the mobile phone?

I am using the basic stamp to program the bluetooth.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-29 13:17
    Bluetooth consists of many separate "protocols" and not all devices implement all of them. See the Wikipedia articles on Bluetooth for discussions of some of them. Easy Bluetooth implements just one of these ... the one that implements a bidirectional asynchronous serial port. A few mobile phones implement this, but most of them do not. The documentation for the Easy Bluetooth shows how to set up a connection from an Easy Bluetooth to a PC. If your phone is capable of handling the protocol, there should be documentation from the phone manufacturer showing how to initiate a connection. If there's no documentation, it probably can't do it.

The Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual shows how to use the SERIN / SEROUT statements and the Easy Bluetooth documentation shows how to communicate using these with the Easy Bluetooth device. Read the documentation. There are plenty of examples.