Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question about power sources — Parallax Forums

Question about power sources

KoraXKoraX Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-27 07:34 in BASIC Stamp
First of all let me start off by saying, if this is in the wrong place im worry. Point me in the right direction and ill take it there

Now i have the basic stamp 2, and im doing a demo for my professor tomorrow.
I want to take the chip off the BOE and put it in the breadboard the school provided us.
Now I am wondering if i can supply 6 volts through the 9 volt battery terminal and it will work as if it has hooked up to the 6 volt pack

Sorry about any grammatical issues for i have had a few drinks tonight
Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2009-10-27 07:34
    KoraX said...
    First of all let me start off by saying, if this is in the wrong place im worry. Point me in the right direction and ill take it there

Now i have the basic stamp 2, and im doing a demo for my professor tomorrow.
    I want to take the chip off the BOE and put it in the breadboard the school provided us.
    Now I am wondering if i can supply 6 volts through the 9 volt battery terminal and it will work as if it has hooked up to the 6 volt pack

Sorry about any grammatical issues for i have had a few drinks tonight
    Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide

If you use the Vin pin, everything should work fine.

I should note.....drinking and breadboarding usually ends up with the magic smoke coming out. Be careful, a smoked BS2 is not a good thing.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer
    Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!