Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Windows 7 w/ BASIC Stamp 2 — Parallax Forums

Windows 7 w/ BASIC Stamp 2

Steve DCSteve DC Posts: 4
edited 2009-10-27 15:54 in BASIC Stamp
I'm debating about whether I should update my netbook to Win 7, I hear it runs pretty well on a netbook.
My only concern is that I use my this computer primarily for my robotics and hobby stuff so was wondering if anyone has installed and/or run the Basic Stamp editor in Win 7 yet and if they had any issues.

Of course if anyone has run win 7 on a netbook comments on their experience would be welcome as well.

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/27/2009 4:46:03 PM GMT

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-10-27 02:07
    Windows 7 has an XP compatibility feature for just this reason. Of course, your hardware needs to support it.

Also, please post your questions in the correct forum. This forum is for the SX chip, not the BS series.
  • icepuckicepuck Posts: 466
    edited 2009-10-27 15:54
    I've been using win7 with my bs2 for some time now and it seems to be working fine. I also install win7 on my Dell Mini10(160gb HDD), it works a lot better than XP home that came with it.
    It's more usable on older hardware than what vista was provided you have at least 1gb of ram.
    The Android SDK will not run because some java packages will not install in win7.
    MS express software will install and run also.
    -dan

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Arguing with myself--sometimes me, myself, and I don't always agree.
    (Former) Caterpillar product support technician