Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Clueless user help needed again pls, re:eeprom full — Parallax Forums

Clueless user help needed again pls, re:eeprom full

staffshomestaffshome Posts: 28
edited 2009-10-26 19:58 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all,

my app is coming on pretty well now thanks to the superb help from forum users.But i have hit a bit of a snag.
My app is too big (editor says EEPROM FULL,i know m code is not very good & messy but can someone help explain what i can do to increase available space for my app.
looked in manual but not really any wiser
using a·bs2p40
Regards Adrian confused.gifblush.gif

Comments

• dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-10-26 10:55
    Post you code.

Generally you can reduce or increase the number of variables, and make more efficient branching to make a program smaller, but it all depends on the program!

Also, if you have lots of constants, you could consider an external EEPROM to store them in.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-10-26 12:33
    Are you utilizing the other memory slots?· The BS2p40 has 16K of memory.· You can find out more information by looking at the "RUN" command in the "BASIC Syntax and Reference Manual".

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-26 13:41
    There's also a Nuts and Volts Column on Multi-Slot Programming. Look in the index under the "Resources" tab on the main Parallax webpage. I think it's #87 or something like that.
  • staffshomestaffshome Posts: 28
    edited 2009-10-26 18:28
    confused.gif·confused.gif

Thanks for replies guys,
    i looked at the N&V multi bank programming doc & i'm absolutely non the wiser, how do you assign program code to the slots ??.
    I think i'm in well past my very limited ability now,i may forgo adding the missing functions to keep file small enough.Not a truly acceptable ·solution but it sort of does what i require.

Find attached my messy but working program, lots of notes in it.
    except regarding setgear routines.need 2 shift settings,different ramping in & may need· ramping out as well, hard to tell on test rig (no Hydralic circuit)but easy to tune on vehicle.

regards Adriansad.gif
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-26 19:01
    Taking out the DEBUG statements will free up a little memory.

Look in the Stamp Manual starting on page 68 for a description of how to group source programs together for multi-slot downloadig.
  • staffshomestaffshome Posts: 28
    edited 2009-10-26 19:58
    Hi Mike,

looked at page 68> re:multiple files.

If i want to do this will i have to rewrite my app or can i just split the original ??.

if i read multi-bank programing article correctly i will have to write new tasks to branch between banks ???

i'm out of my depth now for sure.

regards Adrian