Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
where are my files? — Parallax Forums

where are my files?

dhcarstensdhcarstens Posts: 11
edited 2009-10-26 22:29 in BASIC Stamp
I am trying to organize a number of my Pbasic files that have been saved in three·different locations.· I want to move them all to a common folder.·

When I open the Basic Stamp Editor (2.4.2) and look at the file explorer panel on the left, going down the heirarchy,· C:/Program Files/Parallax inc/Stamp Editor v 2.4.2/BS2px/My Programs (the latter is a folder I created), I find a number of my programs of the form *.bpe listed.· These programs can be loaded, edited, run, and stored.

But when I·click through·Start, C;, Program Files, Parallax Inc, ·Stamp Editor v2.4.2, BS2px, I do not find the folder My Programs.· Further if I do a search for any of these programs, they are not shown.· For instance I have stored a file LED Counter.bpe, but when I search for this file (from the Start menu), there is no result--it is not found.

So my question is, where are these files stored on my computer?·I am running Vista 32-bit SP2.· The Basic Stamp is a MoBoStamp-pe BS2pe.

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-10-26 03:30
    I find some of mine in AppData\Local\....... You need to have view hidden files turned on or use a program like Agent Ransack or Search Everything to find them.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • dhcarstensdhcarstens Posts: 11
    edited 2009-10-26 16:09
    Thanks, Stephen

This was a major frustration that showed up along with several others yesterday.· It turns out that Vista has·a button in each folder that is labeled "Compatibility Files" that I found from your suggestion.· I guess it doesn't believe that Basic Stamp files are compatible, but pushing it shows them.·
  • Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2009-10-26 22:29
    You can also do a search for .BS2 in the search feature

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike2545

This message sent to you on 100% recycled electrons.