Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EB500 to EasyBT Communication — Parallax Forums

EB500 to EasyBT Communication

blittledblittled Posts: 681
edited 2009-10-24 04:21 in BASIC Stamp
I have a Boe-Bot using a EB500 which I am trying to connect to a Propeller Driven EasyBT as a remote control: I use the following code where the address in the con is the EasyBT address. I cannot get the EB500 to connect to the EasyBT.

PAUSE 1000   'WAIT FOR the eb500 radio TO be ready
    'Connect to the remote device
  SEROUT SendPin ,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"con 00:17:a0:01:57:3b",CR]
  SERIN ReceivePin,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT("ACK",CR)]
    'Wait for the connection to be established and switch to data mode
WaitForConnection:
     IF IN5 = 0 THEN WaitForConnection
  HIGH 6
  PAUSE 300

I also wrote a routine to list visible bluetooth devices and the EB500 does see the EasyBT but does not connect.
'{$STAMP BS2}
szData VAR Byte(20)
'Wait for the eb500 radio to be ready
PAUSE 1000

'Get local Bluetooth Addresses
SEROUT 1,84,[noparse][[/noparse]"lst visible",CR]
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT("ACK",CR)]

'Read the local address from the get command
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]STR szData\17]
SERIN 0,84,[noparse][[/noparse]WAIT(CR,">")]
szData(17) = 0
DEBUG "Local addresses: ",STR szData\17,CR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
What electronics need - MORE POWER!!!!!!!

Comments

• $WMc%$WMc% Posts: 1,884
    edited 2009-10-24 01:48
    blittled

I have found that the eb500 has some issues. I'd try searching the more related BOE/Robot forums for some help with the eb500. I finally got my eb500 to work
    with windows after 4 days of aggravation, Only to find it did not have the range I needed.

Parallax supposedly has a WiFi gimmick coming out early next year. This is what I'm waiting on. WiFi

From what I here, This is being engineered in house at Parallax with a dedicated engineer on the project so it should work pretty good when released.

_________________________$WMc%_____________________out____________

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Truth is out there············___$WMc%___···························· BoogerWoods, FL. USA
  • Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2009-10-24 04:21
    blittled--

Basically, what $WMc% said.

I have both the eb500, purchased from Parallax, and the eb501, purchased from A7 Engineering which manufactured both. It is impossible to get support from A7, although in the early days I managed to get a bit, but very, very slowly. On the other hand, Parallax always provided excellent support for the eb500 I bought from them. (I do not think they offer it or support it now, though. Could be wrong on the latter.)

Like $WMc% mentioned, I too am waiting on the WiFi module. I believe it will add an entire magnitude of capabilities to our Stamp-based machines as it will open the door to a real computing environment which is vastly different than a microcontroller environment. I believe the WiFi module will make Stamps ever more popular as the problem of computational intensive navigation and decision making can be off-loaded to a machine designed to handle such tasks while the microcontroller handles the low-level decisions and the I/O.

Sounds like an unbeatable combination to me.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.