Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Using the new Pressure Sensor (VTI SCP1000 #27928) with a basic stamp. — Parallax Forums

Using the new Pressure Sensor (VTI SCP1000 #27928) with a basic stamp.

markustermarkuster Posts: 184
edited 2012-03-11 09:38 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

The new Pressure Sensor from Parallax has a very good Pressure resolution: 1.5 Pa

And I would like to use it with my Basic Stamp.

Do you have the source code for B.Stamps ?

Thanks, Mark

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-10-22 16:37
    did you look here? www.parallax.com/Store/Sensors/PressureFlexRPM/tabid/177/CategoryID/52/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/591/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2009-10-22 16:49

Yep...I know he did...there is no useful information on that page yet. The Only code is for the Propeller, and even that is a binary......not a spin file.

Chris Savage is working on the code........I know...because I asked a week ago.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Please note: Due to economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. Thanks for your understanding.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-10-23 05:03
    Yes, code is on its way for both the BASIC Stamp and Propeller.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    50 72 6F 6A 65 63 74 20 53 69 74 65
    ·
    edited 2009-10-23 05:12
    Chris Savage (Parallax) said...
    Yes, code is on its way for both the BASIC Stamp and Propeller.

Hey...we understand you are working hard to get it done........I know everyone here would rather see it later and right, rather than earlier and wrong.

No pressure.......from me at least. smilewinkgrin.gif

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!
    edited 2009-10-24 16:42
    Thanks James...I will be working on code through all of next week. I would be at it this weekend, but the release of Windows 7 means I have a lot of work to do at home here just keeping PCs running.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·
    edited 2009-10-24 17:14
    Thanks James...I will be working on code through all of next week. I would be at it this weekend, but the release of Windows 7 means I have a lot of work to do at home here just keeping PCs running.

Ha.....I wouldn't go to Win 7 for two years. Takes about that long for all the consumer debugging to find all the problems. I guess if you have Vista, it's the lesser of two evils. I hate Vista, that is why I'm still running XP Pro.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

Are you addicted to technology or Micro-controllers..... then checkout the forums at Savage Circuits. Learn to build your own Gizmos!
    edited 2009-10-24 17:29
    We have PCs here of every flavor and OS. But a few have been suffering from Vista and need a change of pace. The trick is to try not to upgrade too many things at once.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage

Parallax Engineering
    ·
    edited 2009-10-24 17:38
    We have PCs here of every flavor and OS. But a few have been suffering from Vista and need a change of pace. The trick is to try not to upgrade too many things at once.

Hey, if you have Vista, I don't blame you for upgrading. I wish you luck. If this upgrade is anything like Vista, I will be looking for a different OS, or going to MAC (Did I say that??)

My wife's laptop is Vista, and it has been a problem since the day we bought it.

How about keep us informed of problems....that way I'll know if it is worth it.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

• JaimeJaime Posts: 16
    edited 2009-11-12 01:51
    ·Chris: I am waiting for the BAsic Stamp code for this new sensor I am eager to play around with this sensor this is something I wanted to do since a long time when I used to climb high mountains in Mexico all the time I wanted to check the atmospheric pressure at high alttitudes and all time I had problems to get a toy like this.

appreciate your technical assistance

PS: you can reach ne at: microwaveteach@hotmail.com
  • schelledschelled Posts: 8
    edited 2011-09-20 12:12
    Can I revive this thread...has somewhat written some code for the 27928 sensor for the basic stamp yet??
    edited 2011-09-20 13:44
    Hello, another customer posted some code and information at the following link: http://www.maxentropy.net/stamp/SCP1000/scp1000.htm
  • schelledschelled Posts: 8
    edited 2011-09-21 09:21
    Hello, another customer posted some code and information at the following link: http://www.maxentropy.net/stamp/SCP1000/scp1000.htm

Thanks Chris
  • MoskogMoskog Posts: 554
    edited 2012-03-11 06:07
    I cant find this sensor no more in the store......
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2012-03-11 09:38
    I cant find this sensor no more in the store......
    http://www.vti.fi/en/support/obsolete-products