Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Question regarding BS2 and Say It Module — Parallax Forums

Question regarding BS2 and Say It Module

YYSYYS Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-20 14:38 in BASIC Stamp
Hello. I have two questions regarding the Say It Speech Recognition Module and its relations to the BASIC Stamp 2.

For those who want to know more about Say It: http://www.parallax.com/StoreSearchResults/tabid/768/txtSearch/30080/List/0/SortField/4/ProductID/589/Default.aspx

1. During operation, what work does Say It and BS2 individually? Basically, I need its operation to see what this module does exactly. (whch leads to queston 2)

2. Is it possible to bypass BS2 and connect Say It directly through RS232? In other words, can Say It operate independantly from BS2?

What I do know is:

- According to spec sheet, Say It requires BS2 to connect to the computer, and that it dumps a certain program onto BS2 to allow the GUI to work. (or maybe the GUI does that instead)

- Program codes generated through Say It GUI is loaded onto BS2 (or other Parallax microcontroller).

- It is unknown if any data is stored onto Say It during command creation and training. (spec sheet did not specify)

Thanks for any help provded.

Update: Link for Say It is added.

Post Edited (YYS) : 10/20/2009 2:44:19 PM GMT

Comments

• allanlane5allanlane5 Posts: 3,815
    edited 2009-10-20 14:38
    It might be nice to provide a link or two to documentation on the SayIt module you're using?