Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic stamp IDE — Parallax Forums

Basic stamp IDE

TumblerTumbler Posts: 323
edited 2009-10-20 17:29 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

I'm using a bs2pe with the RUN command.
After reading this in the help, i'm always frustrated when i have to update the var declarations in each program file.
Help file said...

What Happens To I/O Pins And RAM When Using RUN?

The I/O pins retain their current state (directions and output latches) and all Variable and Scratchpad RAM locations retain their current data during a transition between programs with the RUN command. If sharing data between programs within Variable RAM, make sure to keep similar variable declarations (defined in the same order) in all programs so that the variables align themselves on the proper word, byte, nibble and bit boundaries across programs. The following programs illustrate what happens with mismatched variable declarations:

I don't know if parallax is updating the IDE for the stamp but
my suggestion is to add an include to·the var declaration file.
Would be very nice to work with and prevent the, like dev/null says:·things will go bananas lol.gif (http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=849332...)

Comments

• RiJoRiRiJoRi Posts: 157
    edited 2009-10-20 17:29
    An include would be nice; in the meantime, I either cut-n-paste, or use a sticky-note program (and cut-n-paste), or -- for FreeMind -- I have a base file with the info I want; I copy it to the file name I want to use: "copy base.mm mywondefulprogram.mm"

HTH,
    --Rich