Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
boe-bot identification troubleshoot — Parallax Forums

boe-bot identification troubleshoot

HudHudHudHud Posts: 3
edited 2009-11-04 17:21 in BASIC Stamp
Hi all

this is my first post =)

I have a problem with my boe-bot. When I click Run>Identify, the hardware is not identified correctly. I mean that the "Device Type" is shown "BASIC Stamp 2", the "Echo" is "yes", but "Loopback" is "no".

I use Windows XP, the boe-bot is ON, and the USB is connected properly.

I searched through the web for a solution, but I couldn't find one for my problem.

I hope there is someone who can help me in fixing this problem. eyes.gif
960 x 600 - 85K

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-10-19 00:59
    Make sure you are using the latest stamp editor version (2.4.2 I think) and have downloaded and installed the latest USB drivers from Parallax.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • HudHudHudHud Posts: 3
    edited 2009-10-22 16:16
    Sorry for replying late blush.gif

Yeah, I've downloaded the latest version of the software and the USB. I found that it was not an error!! This is because the value of "loopback" is ignored, i.e. it doesn't matter if it was "yes" or "no".

Source: an internet webpage (which I didn't save it's URL!)
    my professor
    & my robot which worked finally...

Thank you Franklin for your answer & kindness...
    Have a good day smile.gif
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-10-22 18:12
    HudHud,

The Loopback is an indication that the cable is not working properly; what manufacturer is the USB to Serial Adapter you are using? Is it the one you got with the Boe-Bot?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • HudHudHudHud Posts: 3
    edited 2009-11-04 10:28
    Yeah, it's the one that comes with the Boe-Bot. I didn't have another USB that fits the Boe-Bot. However, the instructor told us that some errors may occur because the Boe-Bot's that we are using were used by previous students.

Well, my Boe-Bot works properly now and I hope this loopback won't have an effect on my work. If you know what is it's effect, kindly let me (and other members) know.

Thank you, Jousha, for your help... I appreciate it ^_^
    Have a nice day
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-11-04 17:21
    HudHud,

There is a setting that you can change that might help with the connection. It's the latency timer in the COM settings. Normally Windows will set it to 16; when ideally you would want it set to 1. Being that you are in a·school; do·you have access to the device manager or does your teacher?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com