Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Circuit bending with basic stamp as a sequencer — Parallax Forums

Circuit bending with basic stamp as a sequencer

salvadorsalvador Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-16 04:25 in BASIC Stamp
hop.gif·Has anyone interested in Circuit bending used the basic stamp to control a bent instrument(s)
I believe the digital resistor could be used, along with some basic on and off control messages to manipulate
the instrument·and make basic sequences. However, I am afraid of·damaging my basic stamp kit.· Has anyone attemped this---Circuit bending with basic stamp.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-16 04:10
    1) Do not post duplicate messages. It's against forum rules. You can delete the duplicate by using the "X" icon in the upper righthand corner of the 1st message.

2) What do you mean by "circuit bending"? Are you referring to controlling some kind of electronic musical instrument using a force sensitive resistor?
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-10-16 04:25
    Mike,

I had to google it myself, I had never heard of the "official" term...

"Circuit Bending" ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_bending

salvador,

As far as an answer, I'm sure it's been done. ... i.e. You-tube videos of singing symphony stepper motors from old printers and disk drives, etc. etc., etc...

As long as you exercise proper protection to each of the Stamp I/O's you could essentially cause anything to make a 'sound' with the right amount of voltage/current persuasion... without causing harm to the Stamp. The device that has just become audible however might have a different perspective on the matter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Beau Schwabe (Parallax)) : 10/16/2009 4:30:48 AM GMT