Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Bluetooth EAsy Module for linefollower competition. Cheating ?? — Parallax Forums

Bluetooth EAsy Module for linefollower competition. Cheating ??

MecasickleMecasickle Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-16 03:55 in BASIC Stamp
Sup Guys I'm New in the Forum and would like to have some assistance with a proejct I'm presenting at a contest.

You guys are probably familiar with a "Line follower competition". I have my Boe-Bot kit, and know how to program the BS2. NEvertheless, I am un expereiniced in the field of using my BOe-Bot EEPROM memory and also unexperinecied using the blue tooth module. Well here goes my crazy idea, I hope u guys can help me out.

I have managed to get the track, from the competeitiion(all comptetitres see and get it beore actual competetition) and I would like to use my bluetooth module to control the Boe-Bot from my laptop. By doing this, I hope to save a list of commands I just gave to my Boe-Bot in its memroy so that it can "learn" the trajectory. When competition day arrives, I just have to press play and Voila! Robot arrives at the finish places jsut by previously memorizing the track.

How can I make this possible!?!?! I have a week till my competition. Hope u guys an help me out or drop some code too!

REspectfully,

Mecasickle

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-10-16 03:55
    Mecasickle,

Welcome to the Forum!!!

With the amount of error between point A (Start) and point B (Finish), the memorized commands will probably not win you the competition. The error comes from various things such as wheel slippage to name one. While the amount of error may seem insignificant, throughout the course of the track, every turn and course correction can compound the error. On the other hand if you are visually detecting a line as the purpose of the competition indicates, the robot is in a closed loop where the line itself is constantly providing corrective feedback and your robot will end up properly at the destination.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.