Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How to display pictures which CMUcam1 get on PC? — Parallax Forums

How to display pictures which CMUcam1 get on PC?

chemingcheming Posts: 1
edited 2009-10-15 19:41 in BASIC Stamp
I have a BS2 & CMUcam1.
How could I open the CMUcamGUI with CMUcam connect to the BS2?
Or I can only open CMUcamGUI with directly connect CMUcam to PC through RS232?
Because I don't know what port the CMUcam connect to PC><
I want to display the picture that CMUcam get on PC!
THX

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-15 19:41
    You cannot use the CMUcamGUI at the same time as the BS2. You can only use it with the CMUcam directly connected to a PC and you will need some kind of voltage conversion between the RS232 that the PC provides and the 5V logic levels that the CMUcam uses. Typically this is made with a MAX232 chip. The non-Parallax version of the CMUcam includes this MAX232 chip and a socket for connection to a PC's serial port. It also has the CMUcam set to use 115200 Baud. The Parallax version is set to 9600 Baud.

Again, the Parallax CMUcam for the BoeBot is not designed for use with the CMUcamGUI. If you can build your own interface between the CMUcam and a standard RS232 serial port and change the jumper on the CMUcam for the higher Baud, you should be able to get CMUcamGUI to work. You should be able to use the schematic for the non-Parallax PC adapter board as a model. We can't help you further with this since Parallax doesn't support the standard CMUcam1, only its own version.

The BS2 is neither fast enough nor has enough memory to be able to act as an interface between the CMUcam and a PC for this purpose (relaying an image).