Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how do i store the number pressed from my keypad — Parallax Forums

how do i store the number pressed from my keypad

CarparkCarpark Posts: 11
edited 2009-10-12 14:13 in BASIC Stamp
how do i store the number pressed from my keypad as a string using BS2 and send it wireless-ly to another board?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-11 16:44
    You need to supply more information about what you currently have for hardware or what you're proposing to get. You need to describe what you want to send to this other board and what that board contains. Without more details it's impossible to give you anything other than the most general suggestions.

There are examples of techniques for scanning keypresses from a keypad in the Nuts and Volts columns. The documentation for the various Parallax wireless links includes sample programs. Look at the Parallax webstore pages on the RF modules. The Nuts and Volts columns index can be found by clicking on the "Resources" tab on the main Parallax webpage.
  • CarparkCarpark Posts: 11
    edited 2009-10-12 06:17
    im using BS2 with a 4x4 keypad to display to a 2x16 LCD, i will be pressing 8 numbers and hopefully store it and send it wirelessly using the parallax RF Transmitter to another BS2 board using the parallax RF Receiver
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-12 14:13
    You need to supply more information: How are you handling the keypad? Are you using an MemKey or similar external co-processor? What LCD? Where is this stuff connected? What example code are you using as a model? What code do you have so far? If you don't really have any code so far, you need to start with the various examples that are provided for the various pieces that you're using and get them to work. Have you tried the examples for the Transmitter / Receiver?

You won't find a complete program that will do what you want. You'll find pieces that will each do part of what you want to do and they will probably need some modification to do things exactly as you need them. This sounds like a class project and you're just going to have to do the work. We can help answer specific questions and point you to existing sample code, but we won't do the work for you.