Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
More on the Bluetooth BS2sx issue - Page 2 — Parallax Forums

More on the Bluetooth BS2sx issue

2»

Comments

• NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-10-22 20:35
    OK, When I do this, I do not see the "You Pressed", but the characters I type in show up in the blue terminal.
    edited 2009-10-22 20:38
    Upon further testing, it only shows the characters when my serial cable is plugged in. As soon as I disconnect it, the characters no longer show up in the blue terminal. However, I do not get a disconnected Bluetooth error, and the device still shows connected.
    edited 2009-10-22 20:47
    Somehow my port got changed. I am able to communicate both ways and get the correct response.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-10-22 21:08
    NWUpgrades,

Which COM port is the Bluetooth using? It sounds like you have echo turned on, and selected the wrong COM port to use the Bluetooth. On that, which COM port is the BS2sx using?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-10-22 21:39
    They are both using COM 40. I ran the code you sent and everything works fine, but it still continues to lose the connection when trying to run the Remote Control program.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-22 21:46
    Four 1.5V rechargable batteries really only supply about 4.8V. NiMH and NiCd batteries are rated at 1.2V, maybe 1.25V if freshly charged. That's why you need to use 5 of them to get 6V or 6 of them to get 7.2V. It's always helpful to check the supply voltage if you're getting funny results, especially if this is when the servos are running.
    edited 2009-10-22 22:29
    NWUpgrades,

I think the communication is being interrupted by the selection of the COM port from editor and Remote Control program.

The COM for the Bluetooth module should be different than to program the·BS2sx controller. The COM for the Bluetooth uses PIN 0 and 2 on the BS2sx (COMX), whereas the BS2sx uses the Sin and Sout pins (COMY). Can you verify the COM port with the "Bluetooth Devices" option in the control panel.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-10-22 22:38
    Bluetooth is on Com 40. My Serial port for the BS2sx is on Com 1. When I run the below program and select Com 40 with the serial port for the BS2sx disconnected, I am able to transmit and receive data.

http://forums.parallax.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=64600
    ·
    edited 2009-10-22 22:53
    Excellent; well now we can determine that communicating with the BS2sx will not cause the Easy Bluetooth to disconnect. Let me run some tests and I will see if I can come up with a solution.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-10-23 01:22
    I am not 100% certain, but I may have figured it out. I just purchased four brand new 1.5V rechargeable batteries and they are charging now. I should know in the next few hours if that is the problem. My old batteries seem to lose a good portion of the charge shortly after installing them. I am only getting 5.7V with nothing powered on.
    edited 2009-10-23 03:46
    Low power and brown-outs can cause a lot of "interesting" issues; so that is a viable option.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-10-23 21:58
    After installing brand new fully charged batteries I am still losing connection shortly after pressing any of the arrows in the Remote Control program. It will go for about 4 seconds and then seems to lose connection and the LED is constantly blinking.
    edited 2009-10-23 22:34
    Well it was worth a shot; low power can be an interesting variable.· I am in contact with the designer of the GUI software, but I have not heard back as of yet. We are not on the same time schedule, so I will come back and post as soon as I can conclude the tests; which I'm guessing is going to be Monday or Tuesday·as his business day has already ended.

Testing I have done [noparse][[/noparse] w/ Bluetooth DLink DBT-120 Module ]:
    Successfully ran Easy Bluetooth Configuration to establish connection
    Successfully ran Get Char program on BS2sx
    Successfully ran Remote Control program on BS2sx

Which Bluetooth module are you using?

Thanks again for your patience.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com

Post Edited (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 10/23/2009 10:46:59 PM GMT
    edited 2009-10-24 00:22
    I am also using the D-Link 120. Do you by chance have a modified version of the Bluetooth.bs2 code?
    ·
    edited 2009-10-26 16:26
    I do; however, I have only changed the baud rate in the BS2 program. I am watching to see if it remains connected rather than proper servo movement.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-11-04 03:58
    I am waiting on my 7.5V power supply. Once I receive itIcan test and see if it is a power issue or not.
    edited 2009-11-04 18:08
    Excellent, I will keep an eye out for any updates.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com