Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
It seems The new Parallax sensor Pressure has a resolution mistake it is 1.5 Pa — Parallax Forums

It seems The new Parallax sensor Pressure has a resolution mistake it is 1.5 Pa

markustermarkuster Posts: 184
edited 2009-10-08 16:06 in BASIC Stamp
hi ,

It seems that the new Parallax sensor Pressure has a resolution
mistake, it is 1.5 Pa and not 1.5KPa

The mistake is at the PDF and at the web site.

Please confirm.

Thanks, Mark

Comments

• James LongJames Long Posts: 1,181
    edited 2009-10-07 03:05
    markuster said...
    hi ,

It seems that the new Parallax sensor Pressure has a resolution
    mistake, it is 1.5 Pa and not 1.5KPa

The mistake is at the PDF and at the web site.

Please confirm.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Yes....there is an error on Parallax's side. The resolution is 1.5 Pa for the chip. I just checked the data sheet from VTI.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

Lil Brother SMT Assembly Services

Please note: Due to economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. Thanks for your understanding.
  • Steph LindsaySteph Lindsay Posts: 767
    edited 2009-10-07 20:00
    Thank you both for your eagle eyes! The error has been corrected on the product page and product documentation.

-Steph Lindsay
    Editor, Parallax Inc.
    edited 2009-10-07 20:42
    Steph Lindsay (Parallax) said...
    Thank you both for your eagle eyes! The error has been corrected on the product page and product documentation.

-Steph Lindsay

Editor, Parallax Inc.

Steph,

I'm sure Mark and I agree......we try to keep Parallax on top.....so we do not see our favorite micro-controllers go away.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer

Please note: Due to economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice. Thanks for your understanding.
  • Tracy AllenTracy Allen Posts: 6,662
    edited 2009-10-08 06:55
    A change of 1.5 Pa amounts to about 5 inches (12 cm) change in altitude near the earth's surface. How does this sensor do on noise at that resolution?

The range of the sensor is 30 kPa to 120 kPa. To put that in perspective, 1 atmosphere standard pressure is 101.325 kPa
    (=1013.25 millibar = 760 mmHg = 14.7 psi)

At the extremes, 30 kPa corresponds to an altitude of about 30000 feet (9000+ meters), and 120 kPa would be about 6 feet under water (absolute, including atmospheric pressure at the water surface).

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tracy Allen
    www.emesystems.com
    edited 2009-10-08 16:06
    Tracy Allen said...
    A change of 1.5 Pa amounts to about 5 inches (12 cm) change in altitude near the earth's surface. How does this sensor do on noise at that resolution?

The range of the sensor is 30 kPa to 120 kPa. To put that in perspective, 1 atmosphere standard pressure is 101.325 kPa
    (=1013.25 millibar = 760 mmHg = 14.7 psi)

At the extremes, 30 kPa corresponds to an altitude of about 30000 feet (9000+ meters), and 120 kPa would be about 6 feet under water (absolute, including atmospheric pressure at the water surface).

Tracy,

I have one and have played with it quite a bit.

If you have clean power the sensor does bounce some....but with an average of a couple of seconds it is real accurate.

Unfortunately it is not the Parallax one. I bought mine a year or so ago.

James L

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    James L
    Partner/Designer