Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Have problems upgrading to BS2p40 from BS2 — Parallax Forums

Have problems upgrading to BS2p40 from BS2

blackbeltblackbelt Posts: 9
edited 2009-10-06 02:13 in BASIC Stamp
I recently got the 40pin BS2p40 and the professional development board (PDB). I have been using the BS2 with Board of Education board. I am having trouble getting data out my sensors like sensiron, LM 34, Memphis 2 axis accel, etc thru LTC1298 ADC when I use BS2p40 with PDB. I mean the same program runs fine with BS2, and when I connect the wires to my BS240p, DEBUG screen shows all zeros. RCTIME programs are working·fine for thermistors with BS240p. What am I missing here? I though switching from BS2 to BS2p40 would be easy.

My sensors are on a seperate proto board. I am powering the board from either Board of Education or from PDB. As I said earlier, no problems with Board of education but getting all zeros with PDB. Please help...

Comments

• ZootZoot Posts: 2,227
    edited 2009-10-06 02:13
    The "base" units for many time-dependent commands, like SERIN, SEROUT, PULSIN, PULSOUT, RCTIME, etc. are different on the BS2p and BS2p40 from a BS2. See the Stamp manual. So if you are using those commands, the times would need to be adjusted accordingly.

Also, be sure to see AUXIO and MAINIO in the Stamp reference manual -- if you have sensors on AUXIO P0-P15, you need to use the AUXIO command before using those pins (and vice versa).

Posting a program and schematic (or photo of your setup) would certainly help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. -- HST

1uffakind.com/robots/povBitMapBuilder.php
    1uffakind.com/robots/resistorLadder.php