Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with 433 MHz RF Receiver and 433 MHz RF Transmitter — Parallax Forums

Help with 433 MHz RF Receiver and 433 MHz RF Transmitter

chris joneschris jones Posts: 391
edited 2009-10-02 18:43 in BASIC Stamp
Hello

i need help with my RF units i have a totalk lof 3 basic stamp boards they all have the RF T and RF R.

first i need to supply a ID for all my boards exmpale

board 1 = 1A
board 2 = 2B
board 3 = 3C

Next i need to send the id to board· 3C only this will be hooked to a computer and using a vb program to log data in database.

finaly i need ·to send varables to·1A and B2 and·B2 sends to·C3·board
Varable exmpale i have a temp sensor i need to set the temp every hour to all boards.
·

Comments

• dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-10-02 18:00
    What exactly is the problem?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • chris joneschris jones Posts: 391
    edited 2009-10-02 18:15
    STAGE 1
    i need to asign a ID to my basic stamp and send it to board 1 and board 2 and board 3 and i need board 2 to send to board 1.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-02 18:43
    The RF units have no provision for IDs. They simply send whatever data is presented to them and all receivers will receive the data. Any addressing you would have to completely manage in your code.

Usually one device has to be designated as the "master". In your case, this might be the Stamp that's attached to a PC. It would transmit to one of the two other Stamps and include a byte in the message that specifies which Stamp is addressed (like "A" or "B"). The "slave" Stamps would normally be listening for a message and would ignore any that they don't recognize and ignore any not addressed to it. The message might contain a value for the "slave" Stamp to use (like a temperature setting) or it might be a request to send back some data (like the current temperature). A slave would always send back a reply when it receives a message for itself. This would let the master know that the slave is operational.