Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Button Pushing for Multiple sounds — Parallax Forums

Button Pushing for Multiple sounds

KelzorzKelzorz Posts: 4
edited 2009-10-01 15:13 in BASIC Stamp
So i need to make a program that will play a tone when i hit a button once, or play a differant tone when i hit the button two times fast...

any ideas??

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-10-01 15:13
    Sounds like a school project ...

Start with something simple like a program that will play a tone when you hit the button once. PBasic has statements that will make a tone in an attached speaker and it has statements for handling a button. Read the corresponding chapters in the Basic Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual (downloadable from Parallax ... see below).

Once you get that working, start thinking about how you would distinguish between a single button push and two button pushes within some specific period of time. Ask again when you've done that much. When you have specific questions, come back with those.

Other good resources include the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial and the Nuts and Volts Columns, both available via the Resources tab on the main Parallax webpage. The tutorials are under "Downloads & Press", then "Stamps in Class Downloads". Some manuals are under "Basic Stamp Documentation" under "Downloads & Press".

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 10/1/2009 3:22:02 PM GMT