Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Ever wonder why it's called a breadboard? — Parallax Forums

Ever wonder why it's called a breadboard?

Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
edited 2009-09-30 21:39 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Then you should take a look at the latest video from the Parallax Education Department! It's called "The Basics of Breadboarding" and introduces the history of the breadboard, it's uses today, and how it works.

So if you've ever wondered how breadboards came to be, or if you've been curious about what's inside that plastic casing, check out the video at the link below!

The Basics of Breadboarding

Happy Developing!

Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Jessica Uelmen
Education Department
Parallax, Inc.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-30 17:22
    Very nicely done!
  • edited 2009-09-30 18:40
    I watched this this morning at work without sound and I liked it enough that I want to have my four and a half year old watch the video at home with me so that I can have him practice it with me if he wants to.

Could you please make up a parts list so I·may order the right resistors and leds along with the other components?· Thank you.

·
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-09-30 21:39
    @Mike: Thanks a bunch! [noparse]:)[/noparse]

@Chuckz: I'm happy to hear that you're finding the video useful! Below are the parts I used for the "proof" section of the video. I've included links to the products that Parallax carries for quick reference, but you should be able to pick these components up at your local electronics store.

(1) Breadboard Set
    (1) 9V battery
    (1) 9V battery holder
    (1) 470-ohm resistor
    (2) Green LEDs
    (1) Black jumper wire

- Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.