Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem face in connecting basic stamp to mlis terminal — Parallax Forums

Problem face in connecting basic stamp to mlis terminal

chawuchawu Posts: 1
edited 2011-02-26 14:10 in BASIC Stamp
I had a project, that is using basic stamp 2 to·send command·to GSM module, the brand of GSM module is Mlis terminal. Now i had a problem face is to let the basic stamp 2 to communicate with the GSM module. I now using RS232 to connect the basic stamp to GSM module..Can anyone please help me.confused.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-24 04:03
    If you want help, you need to supply enough information. We're not likely to look up the documentation on your GSM module on the web when you can do that and provide either a link or attach the PDF file to your message. We also don't know how you've hooked up things ... you'll need to furnish some kind of schematic so we're not guessing what you've done. Lastly, you need to tell us what works and what doesn't work and provide as much information as possible about what happens when it works and what happens when it doesn't work.

Have you read the Stamp Manual sections on the SERIN and SEROUT statements? That has quite a long discussion of how the Stamp does serial I/O and discusses how to connect the Stamp to RS232 signal levels if that's what you need.
  • Faisal_AlObaidliFaisal_AlObaidli Posts: 1
    edited 2011-02-26 09:10
    Hi all

I have BS2 and i need to send AT commands to GM862 for sending SMS,
    how should i connect to TX output pin with the RX input of the GM862, is there any resister used???

Regards
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2011-02-26 14:10
    Please do not add an unrelated or minimally related message to an existing thread. Start your own thread.

In order to answer your question, I would have to search the internet for a datasheet for the GM862 to find out what voltage it responds to. You are asking the question, so you should post at least a link to a GM862 datasheet.

The Stamps provide a 5V logic level (5V / 0V) and most of the Telit modems seem to work on 1.8V so you would probably need some kind of level conversion. The datasheet would provide the information needed to decide on what's needed. A resistor may be enough or you may need a logic level converting gate.