Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
New Micro SD card interface — Parallax Forums

New Micro SD card interface

Lee HarkerLee Harker Posts: 104
edited 2009-09-22 17:00 in BASIC Stamp
I saw in the announcements the new product for writing and reading micro SD cards. In the data sheet all the references to using this relate to the Propeller. Is it possible to use this product with the Stamp as well?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-21 13:53
    Assuming you're talking about the micro-SD card adapter, no.

This adapter consists of just a micro-SD card socket and a couple of pullup resistors. A Stamp has neither the speed nor the storage capacity (data or program) to be able to control an SD card in any practical way. You would need some other microcontroller like a Propeller or SX to handle the low-level details for your Stamp.
  • WBA ConsultingWBA Consulting Posts: 2,934
    edited 2009-09-22 17:00
    For PC accessible storage using a Stamp, there are a few storage methods:

Parallax Memory Stick Datalogger

Vmusic2 Interface Module Can be used the same as the memory stick datalogger, but also plays MP3 files.
    I used the Vmusic2 to make a temperature datalogger for a Polar Bear Plunge

Bean's SD Card Datalogger Module Not sold anymore, but source code and design files are somewhere on the forums.

If one of my current projects comes to be, there will be an open source propeller based uSD module that will do exactly what you need. It's at concept stage, so it may be a while before it's available, however, I would like to have it ready for next year's plunge which is March 20th. My goal is to use a "product" for the plunge, not a thrown together circuit in a ziploc bag.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Andrew Williams
    WBA Consulting
    WBA-TH1M Sensirion SHT11 Module
    Special Olympics Polar Bear Plunge, Mar 20, 2010