Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2SX Help — Parallax Forums

BS2SX Help

squrrlwhsprrsqurrlwhsprr Posts: 1
edited 2009-09-16 03:43 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all. New member, new to electronics.

I have a BS2 and a BS2SX. I am running some tutorials and I can get the BS2 to work but not the BS2SX. Do I need to do anything else besides switch the "Stamp" from BS2 to BS2SX on the Basic Stamp Editor? I can switch between tutorials and do everything with the BS2 just fine!

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

Comments

• sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2009-09-16 03:42
    Welcome to the Parallax Forum

·What ·Basic Stamp Editor Version You should be using 2.4.2 if you are using· version 2.2.6 It will not work

to check what version you have all you have to is go to help while you are in the Basic Stamp Editor and go to about
    then there will come with a window that will tell you what version you have

I hope that this helps

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them smile.gif

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-16 03:43
    The BS2 and BS2SX work at different speeds and some of the statements that deal with time use different "magic constants". I believe there's an example in the manual for how to use conditional compilation to adjust for the differences, at least for the Baud constants for SERIN and SEROUT. The Stamp Manual (and the Stamp Editor help files) always gives the constants for each of the different Stamp models (like for PULSIN / PULSOUT, SHIFTIN / SHIFTOUT, SERIN / SEROUT, etc.)