Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
controller more tan 4 servo — Parallax Forums

controller more tan 4 servo

shweigensshweigens Posts: 1
edited 2009-09-03 03:44 in BASIC Stamp
Hi.

I need control more than 4 servo with only one BS2, who can i do it?

thanks.

Comments

• Bryce WBryce W Posts: 5
    edited 2009-09-03 03:14
    You can use a subroutine that will send a single pulse to each servo... something like this
    Send_Servo_Pulses:
    PULSOUT Servo1, Pulses
    PULSOUT Servo2, Pulses
    PULSOUT Servo3, Pulses
    PAUSE 20
    RETURN

This will allow each servo to increment in proportion to the rest of the servos while allowing a quick pause to check other systems, sensor inputs, etc.

Also Parallax produces a controller for multiple servos using serial data. However if you keep the program fairly simple a similar subroutine modified to your purposes should work just fine. Let me know if this helps.
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2009-09-03 03:36
    Bryce W said...
    You can use a subroutine that will send a single pulse to each servo... something like this
    Send_Servo_Pulses:
    PULSOUT Servo1, Pulses
    PULSOUT Servo2, Pulses
    PULSOUT Servo3, Pulses
    PAUSE 20
    RETURN

This will allow each servo to increment in proportion to the rest of the servos while allowing a quick pause to check other systems, sensor inputs, etc.

You might want to reduce the PAUSE time a bit if you find the servos aren't running smoothly.

If it happens that the commands to the servos will be identical you can just tie the signal lines together - run multiple servos off the same pin.

Rich H

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    The Servo Boss, a 12 channel servo tester kit from Gadget Gangster.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-03 03:44
    There are lots of solutions for driving many servos from a Stamp, but most of them involve some kind of peripheral processor for the Stamp, everything from an SX for the ServoPal to a Propeller for Parallax's new servo controller. A Stamp by itself could control several servos, but becomes increasingly useless for any other functions as the number of servos increases. Since a servo could use a pulse as long as 2.5ms and a Stamp can only do one thing at a time, the Stamp will get too busy to do anything else with 7 to 8 servos.