Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Photoresister Help — Parallax Forums

Photoresister Help

Daniel L.Daniel L. Posts: 7
edited 2009-09-02 16:10 in BASIC Stamp
The instructions are for two pronged (pinned?) photoresisters, however my BOEbot came with 3 pronged PRs. To compensate, I shifted the 220Ω from the P3·port down 1 "square" so that the current would flow right to the bottom pin (right pin if looking from back of bot) instead of the middle (figuring the middle was a ground). Then I put the one side 2 kΩ resister directly right of the end of the 220Ω and put the other end 1 square right and one square down. Then I put the jumper 2 squares right of the 2 kΩ end and had it end 7 up, 1 left. Another jumper 1 right ending at Vss. I did the same thing for the top (left) PR, except obviously the 220Ω started at P6 and the 2 Jumpers were already there. Is this right, or should I move everything one up so that the current goes through the center PR pin?

Whew, that was a mouthful.cool.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Daniel L.

AKA, The Ninja of Frozen Milk
AAKA, ゆきごくろさき (Yukigo Kurosaki )

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-09-01 21:03
    Daniel L,

I'm not sure you have the correct part; the photo-resistor should only have 2 legs. There is an IR receiver that has three legs and a small dome on the front. Is that what you have?

Can you take a picture of the part in question and upload it?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-09-01 21:04
  • Daniel L.Daniel L. Posts: 7
    edited 2009-09-01 21:15
    Joshua Donelson (Parallax) said...

Daniel L,

I'm not sure you have the correct part; the photo-resistor should only have 2 legs. There is an IR receiver that has three legs and a small dome on the front. Is that what you have?

Can you take a picture of the part in question and upload it?

D'oh! My bad, do the PR's have little squiggles on one of their faces? I should have known that, I see PRs on clocks all the time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Daniel L.

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-09-01 21:22
    Daniel,

There are some with an X on the front of them, so if that is the squiggles than yes; those are the receivers that come with the Boe-Bot. So now that you have the correct part, you should be able to get it up and running following the text. However, if you have questions feel free to ask and we will get them answered.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • Daniel L.Daniel L. Posts: 7
    edited 2009-09-02 16:10
    Ah, thanks, stupid me. Its working fine now.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Daniel L.