Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
No BASIC stamp found? (error) — Parallax Forums

No BASIC stamp found? (error)

JR_301JR_301 Posts: 22
edited 2009-09-04 15:37 in Learn with BlocklyProp
I keep getting this error when trying to run the program?

pog.PNG

Comments

• VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2009-09-01 19:01
    Check to see if you have the power on/plugged in. Also, what communication are you using--a serial port or a usb port?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

*-NEW-* SD Card Adapter·Now available!· Add extra memory to your next Propeller project with ease!
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2009-09-01 19:02
    JR_301,

Let's rule out the simple. Is you BOE or Homework board powered (turned on with the green light showing) when you run the program?

Have you downloaded the updated USB drivers from the Parallax site for your PC? If not, they are here - http://www.parallax.com/tabid/530/Default.aspx

Let us know what is going on and someone will help!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
  • JR_301JR_301 Posts: 22
    edited 2009-09-02 05:18
    Vaati said...
    Check to see if you have the power on/plugged in. Also, what communication are you using--a serial port or a usb port?

im using a serial port
    Whit said...
    JR_301,

Let's rule out the simple. Is you BOE or Homework board powered (turned on with the green light showing) when you run the program?

Have you downloaded the updated USB drivers from the Parallax site for your PC? If not, they are here - http://www.parallax.com/tabid/530/Default.aspx

Let us know what is going on and someone will help!

when i plug in the 9v battery the Power LED onboard lights up temporarily, but my green LED i have on the breed board stays lit, (its almost like my digital potentiometer is stuck or something, but none the less its the only green light that stays on)

90005.jpg
    edited 2009-09-02 11:47
    Sounds like their may be a short in your circuit (or you have a bad battery). Get a new battery, carefully rebuild your circuit and try again. Better yet, get a new Battery, remove the current circuit on the breadboard. - connect the battery, connet the serial cable to the computer and turn the Homework board on. Then use the Identify feature in the Basic Stamp Editor to find the Stamp. It that works, then you will know something was wrong with you circuit (or battery).

Good luck!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 9/2/2009 3:20:35 PM GMT
  • VaatiVaati Posts: 712
    edited 2009-09-02 13:56
    Yes, I have had that same problem with my HWB. The power light flashes for a split second then goes off... I think it's because it doesn't have enough power to run the program...

Where are you attaching your green LED on the breadboard? Is it connected to a BASIC stamp pin or to Vss/Vdd?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Quit buying all those fixed voltage regulators, and·get an Adjustable Power Supply·for your projects!· Includes an LED testing terminal!

*-NEW-* SD Card Adapter·Now available!· Add extra memory to your next Propeller project with ease!
    edited 2009-09-02 15:28
    JR_301,

I haven't fooled with the Homework board much. I was just looking at this document, which discribes how the Homework board works. It may help. Sounds like its LED indicator light works a bit differently form the BOE.

Check it out. http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/boards/HomeWorkBoard-v1.3.pdf

I would still start with a new battery and clean off the current circuit. See if you can identify the Stamp - That command is under "Run."

Has you PC been finding your Stamp in the past?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

Post Edited (Whit) : 9/2/2009 3:36:38 PM GMT
    edited 2009-09-03 01:08
    Whit said...
    Sounds like their may be a short in your circuit (or you have a bad battery). Get a new battery, carefully rebuild your circuit and try again. Better yet, get a new Battery, remove the current circuit on the breadboard. - connect the battery, connet the serial cable to the computer and turn the Homework board on. Then use the Identify feature in the Basic Stamp Editor to find the Stamp. It that works, then you will know something was wrong with you circuit (or battery).

Good luck!

I went ahead and replaced the battery, and it worked, However when im able to run Digital_pot_up_down_with_toggle.bs2 the power light on the circuit board stays on but every time it loops the program and powers the light, and goes from "dem to bright" its looks as if the power indicator light is showing that its sucking down some serious juice.

VIDEO OF OLD BATTERY (sorry i didnt keep it on long enough for the power light to turn off like I had been stating)

th_Video1.jpg
    Whit said...

Has you PC been finding your Stamp in the past?

Yes, its ran perfect since i opened it up, Im not entirely sure whats going on with it though, I went ahead and rechecked the circuits again, What are the signs of a short?
    Vaati said...
    Yes, I have had that same problem with my HWB. The power light flashes for a split second then goes off... I think it's because it doesn't have enough power to run the program...

Where are you attaching your green LED on the breadboard? Is it connected to a BASIC stamp pin or to Vss/Vdd?

the green LED is connected to P14 and Vdd

Post Edited (JR_301) : 9/3/2009 1:17:11 AM GMT
    edited 2009-09-03 01:41
    JR_301,

Check you circuit again. See the diagram on page 268 - I do not see the 100k resistors. Or am I missing them?

I think that because your circuit is wired incorrectly - you probably drained your first battery.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

Post Edited (Whit) : 9/3/2009 1:46:13 AM GMT
    edited 2009-09-04 08:07
    Whit said...
    JR_301,

Check you circuit again. See the diagram on page 268 - I do not see the 100k resistors. Or am I missing them?
    I think that because your circuit is wired incorrectly - you probably drained your first battery.

hey thanks, its hard to tell with one of the resistors, its yellow blackish and brown, the other one looks yellow purple(violet) brown, im not sure if that plays a part or not, ill see if I have any left over and switch them out.
    edited 2009-09-04 15:37
    The 100 k resistors should be brown-black-yellow and placed as shown on the diagram on page 268 in the What's a Microcontroller textbook. If you are having touble with the colors - get them under good light and use a magnifing glass. You can also just test the resistance with a inexpensive multi-meter.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+