Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Editor — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Editor

Roshidul HasanRoshidul Hasan Posts: 3
edited 2009-09-08 16:22 in BASIC Stamp
Hi!!
i am new user of Basic stamp. I was testing code. It was working well last few days. Suddenly today I was trying to run program. I can't run any program. It says "Communication Error - No Basic Stamp Found". I reassemble the stamp, but no problem persist same. It will be appreciated if any one can give some suggestion to fix this problem...
Roshid

Comments

• dev/nulldev/null Posts: 381
    edited 2009-08-30 09:36
    Hi Roshid.

Did you check the battery? Did you check that the serial cable is properly plugged in?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Don't worry. Be happy
  • Roshidul HasanRoshidul Hasan Posts: 3
    edited 2009-09-03 06:01
    Thanks for your reply.. I have checked battery and I have checked my USB cable. I am using Basic Stamp editor V 2.1. I am confused now about this problem. Its shows again NO BASIC STAMP FOUND.
    I need your kins assistanc in this regard. I am using very basic code from Parallax book which is as follows;

' {$STAMP BS2}
    ' {$PBASIC 2.5}
    ·DEBUG "Whisker states", CR,
    ······ " Left··· Right", CR,
    ······ "
    ···
    "
    DO
    ·DEBUG CRSRXY, 0,3,
    ······ "P5 = ", BIN1 IN5,
    ······ "P7 = ", BIN· IN7
    PAUSE 50
    LOOP

·
  • stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-09-03 12:07
    You are using an older version of the editor. I am not sure it supports PBASIC 2.5.

If not the power supply, your problem is typically related to the software using the proper serial port. Is your USB cable assigned the same port is was when the system worked? Click on Directive, Port, to see which ports are available.

I assume you are using the Parallax USB/serial converter and the proper driver.

Cheers,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-09-03 15:50
    Roshidul Hasan,

The version of software that is currently available is 2.4.2; that is the version you would want to install and run with your BASIC Stamp 2 modules. There have been some significant updates to the IDE. Here is a link to the downloadable installer; please let us know if you are still having an issue after you have successfully installed the updated version.

BASIC Stamp Editor [noparse][[/noparse]2.4.2]:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/sw/bs/win/Setup-Stamp-Editor-v2.3.9.exe

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-09-03 15:55
    Roshidul Hasan,

If it was working before and it's not now, then it is unlikely a version issue, however you can try downloading the latest version here www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx to see if that helps.

If you have a USB connector and you have plugged something else in, it's possible that the USB that the BS2 is plugged into has enumerated to another COM port or is having a conflict with that port.

If you press CTRL-I do you get a "Loopback" or "Echo" on any of the COM ports?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • Roshidul HasanRoshidul Hasan Posts: 3
    edited 2009-09-04 13:07
    Thank you very much all of your those are helping me here.
    I install new version of Basic stamp. It is working now. I assume my problem was related to version mismatch.

Best regard to Beau Schwabe,Joshua Donelson, Tom Sisk and Dev
    edited 2009-09-04 15:40
    Perfect, just let us know if there is anything else that comes up.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • denodeno Posts: 242
    edited 2009-09-06 11:48
    Is the latest version 2.4.2 or 2.3.9?· As you probably already know, the download is 2.3.9.

DenO
  • ManetherenManetheren Posts: 117
    edited 2009-09-08 03:11
    I had the same problem intermittently with the USB version. Once in a while it just would not download the program into the stamp without me clicking it many times.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tia'Shar Manetheren
    edited 2009-09-08 16:22
    The lastest version of the Windows BASIC Stamp Editor is 2.4.2

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com