Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Search Difficulties — Parallax Forums

Search Difficulties

ercoerco Posts: 20,256
edited 2009-08-26 11:28 in BASIC Stamp
Is it just me, or is it·difficult to use the search feature of this form? I usually get no matches, even though I know I'm entering very relevant keywords. Does it only search the title of the thread? It' s really quite maddening, just because I know I've seen the info in these hallowed·forums, but I can't find it.

If there is a "how to search" thread that I missed, please make it a sticky thread.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
·"If you build it, they will come."

Comments

• jazzedjazzed Posts: 11,803
    edited 2009-08-26 00:55
    Just use one keyword at a time.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    --Steve

Propeller Tools
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2009-08-26 00:56
    erco,

Use this - http://search.parallax.com/

and see - http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=562370 It is in the Support Using this Forum Section as a Sticky. There is some really good addition info there on how to narrow your search.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Post Edited (Whit) : 8/26/2009 1:06:19 AM GMT
  • ercoerco Posts: 20,256
    edited 2009-08-26 02:37
    Thanks for the help, gents. I defer to your search experience, as evidenced by your vastly higher number of posts than me. And Whit, I am privileged to be your millennium (1000th) post! You just won yourself a "Canticle for Liebowitz" CD!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • WhitWhit Posts: 4,191
    edited 2009-08-26 11:28
    erco,

Thanks for noting the milestone and the prize package! Happy searching.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Whit+

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney