Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Servo Problem — Parallax Forums

Servo Problem

Silver242Silver242 Posts: 12
edited 2009-08-26 07:54 in BASIC Stamp
I made a robot with 6 servos (6 Wheel robot)Using the BS2,but the problem is that i dont know how to make all the servos work· because it didnt work· with 9v battery as i want .
Any help will be grateful.

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-08-25 23:51
    9V batteries are really not suitable for anything requiring a lot of current (like servo motors). Servos are also designed for use with batteries providing somewhere between 4.8V and 7.2V. Less won't work and more will shorten the life of the servo motors. You can't really run more than one servo off the built-in regulator on a board like the BOEBOT and you certainly can't run a servo off the BS2's built-in regulator on the module. 6 servos can draw a lot of current if they're all moving at the same time, up to 1A each if they're heavily loaded mechanically. You will have to use a 5 or 6 cell NiMH battery pack with at least 2500maH AA cells for the servos. You won't get much run time between charges, so you should really consider something like an R/C battery pack with size C or D cells that has a capacity of 5 to 10AH. You might do better with a 6V Gel-Cell battery. The Stamp itself could run off the servo battery pack or could run off a separate 6 to 7.2V battery pack depending on what you've got for sensors and how much current they draw.
  • Silver242Silver242 Posts: 12
    edited 2009-08-26 07:54
    Thank you very much Mike.