Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Headers and switches — Parallax Forums

Headers and switches

StevezilaStevezila Posts: 35
edited 2009-08-20 17:58 in BASIC Stamp
·I am looking for a convient way to adapt to a carrier board. I need to connect several harnesses to the board and want them to be plug in. I can't seem to find headers with the correct pin spacing. Any ideas?···· Also I'm look for thumb wheel switches that rotate from 0-9 and·can be stacked·together for as many digits as you need. the pins are configured for a BCD output or sometimes have 0-9 individual pins. I have looked through all of my electrical supply catalogs and cannot find either of these items. Any help would be graetly appreaciated.

Thanks

Comments

• PrettybirdPrettybird Posts: 269
    edited 2009-08-20 14:23
    Sounds like alot of hand wiring. Headers are usually standard .1" spacing. Mouser Electronics has for sure. Digikey also has alot. Both have online cataloges. Remember you only have 16 I/O on a stamp if that is what you are using. Multiplexing would be a must. I can only gress with so few details. A Parallax basic stamp proto APP board makes it easy to build a circuit that plugs into the Board of Education Board header. You could also make your own.
  • jmalaysiajmalaysia Posts: 97
    edited 2009-08-20 14:33
    www.alliedelec.com has the easiest website to actually SEE the parts you are looking for.· www.mouser.com is generally cheaper,· but you have to have a little better idea what you need.·· I use 10 pin headers from Mouser,· p/n
    571-4-640620-0·regularly,· and they are a perfect fit.
  • Ron CzapalaRon Czapala Posts: 2,418
    edited 2009-08-20 16:31
    Jameco sells male and female pins and plastic housings that are perfect for .1" connectors, breadboards, etc and

female pins 100766
    male pins 145358
    4 pin housing 100803
    2 pin housing 100812
    8 pin (2 row) housing 157438

·You probably want to get crimp tool also.
  • StevezilaStevezila Posts: 35
    edited 2009-08-20 17:58
    Thanks a bunch, I must be going blind or something. And oh yea, I totally forgot about Jamaco.

Thanks