Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Powering Stamp through power pins — Parallax Forums

Powering Stamp through power pins

ChazChaz Posts: 18
edited 2009-08-19 22:46 in BASIC Stamp
Can 5 volts of power be supplied to the stamp on the board of educations through the servo power dock? Are there diodes or anything blocking it? I ask because my speed controller sends me 5 volts through and then i send a control signal down the signal wire.

Comments

• JomsJoms Posts: 279
    edited 2009-08-19 21:43
    I think you can if SW1 is towards the VSVO setting and put the 'servo supply jumper' towards VDD.· Just be careful not to go over 5V.· I do not have one, just looked at the diagram off the Parallax site.

Just be careful that the 5 volt is 'clean', because you won't be going through a regulator anymore...

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/boards/BOE_USB_D_Schematic.pdf

---EDIT----

I think I am wrong.· It looks like the VDD pin is not used from the stamp, other then for a filter cap.· It looks like you will need to power the board with 6.5 volt and above.· Hopefully someone that has a board will be able to chime in and let you know forsure...

Post Edited (Joms) : 8/19/2009 9:50:20 PM GMT
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-08-19 22:46
    Chaz,

No you would not. You can power the unit from the Vdd on pin 21 of the BASIC Stamp or Vin (pin 24) to power the BASIC Stamp 2; however the servo headers and the X3 header are powered by the voltage regulator at the top of the board.

I hope this helps

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com