Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Propeller Eye Candy Request — Parallax Forums

Propeller Eye Candy Request

Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
edited 2009-08-14 21:37 in Propeller 1
This is a request for high res pictures of the propeller die.

Much like intel does here with the i7.

fabrication-cpu,U-8-217520-3.jpg

http://www.tomshardware.com/gallery/intel-core-i7-cpu-die,0101-217520-0----jpg-.html#

Id rather have the prop chip in 1280X1024 32-bit color on my desktop.

That is all.

[noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments

• Timothy D. SwieterTimothy D. Swieter Posts: 1,613
    edited 2009-08-14 00:26
    Are these what you are looking for? There are generic Propeller wallpapers, but if you look down at Paul Bakers post there is an image of the Propeller die.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=734925

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Timothy D. Swieter, E.I.
    www.brilldea.com - Prop Blade, LED Painter, RGB LEDs, 3.0" LCD Composite video display, eProto for SunSPOT
    www.tdswieter.com
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-08-14 02:27
    Attached are a couple composites (1280 x 1024) from the site Timothy linked to. If you need a different resolution, let me know.

-Phil
    1280 x 1024 - 199K
    1280 x 1024 - 144K
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-08-14 04:33
    I sent an email about the high res image located in the thread above, but the email was refused.

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

pbaker@parallax.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 571 571 Delivery not authorized, message refused (state 14).

Having a super high res image is what im lookin 4!.
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-08-14 05:38
    Clock Loop,

The E-mail address that you used belongs to a former employee of Parallax and is no longer valid.

Define what resolution it is that you want, I'm sure that we can come up with something. Even if it is a flat image, we can make it look like it was taken from a perspective angle. For example, the attached image was made from Phil Pilgrim's first image above.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Beau Schwabe (Parallax)) : 8/14/2009 5:56:35 AM GMT
    1280 x 1024 - 136K
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-08-14 05:50
    To whoever gets a high res photo of the Propeller die: could you upload it to http://uploads.propmodule.com/? That way the rest of us can download it too, and there's no need to be emailing large attachments around.
  • HollyMinkowskiHollyMinkowski Posts: 1,398
    edited 2009-08-14 09:54
    Those images of the prop chip are really cool! Like modern art or something.

If I had designed the prop I'd be showing those around like baby pictures smile.gif
  • W9GFOW9GFO Posts: 4,010
    edited 2009-08-14 15:09
    Rich said...
    how hard would it be to expose the silicon on my dead chips?

Not real easy apparently. I was able to to get to the silicon but the plastic is stuck fast to the front side of the chip. I was able to expose about 20% before I broke it trying to get the rest of the plastic off.

Any suggestions on how to get the plastic off? If I can get a clean chip I think I can take a really cool picture.
    Clock Loop said...
    That dragonfly mouth is just disturbing. You should post something else close up.
    Here's an example of a macro picture I took to get an idea of what I want to do. This image is of a dragonfly mouth, it was taken hand held leaning over my balcony railing of a live, cooperative dragonfly. I can actually take pictures about double the size of this one when I have the camera set up on a tripod. The attached image is a 50% size screen capture.

Okay then, maybe this is less "disturbing"?

Click the image for the full size picture.

619728259_Uvwvd-S.jpg

Rich H

Post Edited (W9GFO) : 8/14/2009 10:10:35 PM GMT
  • Clock LoopClock Loop Posts: 2,069
    edited 2009-08-14 21:37
    That dragonfly mouth is just disturbing. You should post something else close up.
    Beau Schwabe (Parallax) said...
    Clock Loop,

Define what resolution it is that you want, I'm sure that we can come up with something. Even if it is a flat image, we can make it look like it was taken from a perspective angle. For example, the attached image was made from Phil Pilgrim's first image above.

I would really like something as high as possible, i wanted it for my desktop, and also want to look at it close to see the detail. (using a zoom feature in a paint program) (i love to collect high res images of chips)
    But some of the newer ones aren't available, even tho its near impossible for anyone to replicate the chip using a high res image. (buried traces, circuits etc...)
    The intel chip above has up to 30 layers buried below what you can see.

I also want to make my own wallpapers using a very high res image + 3dstudio max.

A flat image would be great, as high res as possible. 10MB is about the limit for email?

My email: ThereIsNoElectron AT gmail.com

Post Edited (Clock Loop) : 8/14/2009 9:42:18 PM GMT