Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EEPROM Checking Program — Parallax Forums

EEPROM Checking Program

MJG2514MJG2514 Posts: 9
edited 2009-08-11 18:20 in BASIC Stamp
··· Hello again,
···················· Thanks to Mike Green for de-mystifying EEPROMs, I have another problem. The program I am currently using does not adapt well for addresses over 9999. The program I used is from the Stampworks Manual SW21-EX32-24LC32.BS2. I modified it (or so I thought) to handle a 24LC256. The LC32 has 4K Bytes and the LC256 has 32K Bytes (again-Thank You, Mike Green). I guess what I am looking for is how to handle addresses in the 5 digit range (10,000 and higher). Internal to the EEPROM, are the addresses number by decimal or hexadecimal?

······················································································ Thanks Again
································································································ Mark

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-08-11 15:40
    Internal to the EEPROM, they're just 16-bit numbers, neither decimal nor hexadecimal. Decimal and hexadecimal are for our convenience in writing (and reading) numbers.

If you'd post the modified version of the program you're using, we'd be able to make suggestions on how to extend it to values up to 32,767 or 65,535. Do use the Attachment Manager (and the Post Reply button) to post the program. DO NOT use cut and paste ... the forum software reformats it.
  • MJG2514MJG2514 Posts: 9
    edited 2009-08-11 18:20
    ········ Here is the program. I have noticed that the manual had subroutines list in the program but when I downloaded the Stampworks Source Codes for this, the subroutines were not there. But, the program worked just fine with the 24LC32.