Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thermal Camera — Parallax Forums

Thermal Camera

MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
edited 2009-08-18 00:24 in Accessories
Hey Guys.· Do you think that it would be possible using the basicstampII or propeller , with the proper heat sensors that parallax sales, ·to build a Thermal Camera?· Kinda far fetched, but has anyone worked in this area?· Is it possible to do ecconomically?·

Thanks!

:-)

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-08-10 03:48
    Here's a thread that describes my attempts: http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=753166.

-Phil
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2009-08-10 13:33
    Hey, Phil, What about your code and schematics. I would like to build one of these. I would like to take it a little further if possible. But, a good start from you would help. Would a BasicStampII or 24px do the job? Or, would I need a propeller. (I would prefer the stamp for compatibility.)
  • Guns of FunGuns of Fun Posts: 26
    edited 2009-08-18 00:24
    I noticed Phil used a rotating assembly to create the picture.· The thermal systems I worked on in the Army(pre FLIR) used a scanning and interlace system (basically an oscillator mirror on a gymble) that created the picture (or rastor).· I don't know how sensitive sensors are now, but we had to run them at a temp of about 77 Kelvin, then pass that signal to a preamp and finally to a post amp that ran the rastor.· Great picture though.